SPIRIT BOUND
A Vampire Academy Novel
THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING SERIED BY
RICHELLE MEAD
My reaction to this reading selection was excitingly scared. Since I read all of the Vampire Academy series I was scared to find out Dimitri had captured Lissa and Christian. In chapter 15, I observed a chronological organization pattern. I believe the author Richelle Mead intent on writing the Vampire Academy is to write an urban fantasy world for teens and young adults. Everyone can relate to love, friendship, lust, pain and high school. Richelle focuses on mythology in all her books she’s authored.
Vampires have been around for centuries but that is just a “hear say”. Rose is on punishment for sneaking off from Court grounds with her friends Eddie and Lissa to break out Victor from prison. The reason for breaking out Victor the same man to kidnap and try to attempt to kill Lissa a year before, is because he may know how to save Dimitri. But to everyone else they were in Las Vegas celebrating their graduation from St. Vladimir. Now Rose is stuck filing in the Administration office at the Royal Court. She is not allowed to see her friends as well as Rose on hold whether or not she will be Lissa guardian.
Adrian and Rose relationship is complicated. In the meantime Dimitri wants Rose dead. The decision that need to be made is Rose has to kill Dimitri before he kills her. Rose has to choose her life or his. Dimitri used to be Rose teacher and secret lover until an attack at the school St. Vladimir. Dimitri was a guardian until the Strigoi attack at the school. Strigoi kidnapped Dimitri as well as other guardians and staff of the school. Now Dimitri is a Strigoi a powerful one at that. Strigoi vampires are the bad ones.
Dimitri ambushed Lissa’s birthday dinner to kidnap Lissa and her ex boyfriend Christian because he knows Rose will come to save him. Dimitri has no intention to hurt Lissa and Christian because he does not want them. Rose still loves Dimitri and does not want to hurt him but she knows she has to. To live a life with Adrian her boyfriend and best friend Lissa, Rose needs to stake Dimitri, Dimitri knows Rose is on her way to rescue Lissa and Christian. Because Dimitri used to be a guardian he knows Rose is not alone. The court is supplying more security then normal due to one of the Moroi queens also has been taken. Through Rose and Lissa bond Rose knows their exact location. Rose directs the other guardians to where the hostages are. It’s now or never for Rose.
Nice Post!
ReplyDeleteThe Vampire Academy series seems very interesting. I will have to try and read it sometime.
Many of my teachers have thought me to avoid starting sentences with "Because" so I would try to use a different transitional word instead. I would also combine the following two sentences and turn "but" into a conjunction for a better transition: "...is because he may know how to save Dimitri. But to everyone else..."
Overall you did a great job on summarizing the novel and identifying the organizational pattern.
I really enjoyed reading your blog. The Vampire Academy seems like something I would enjoy reading. I really reading about vampires and that kind of stuff. You did a good job summarizing the passage and answering the questions.
ReplyDeleteVampire Academy is interesting , one day I was in Barnes & Noble waiting for a friend who was in a store across the street and the books was in front of the store so I grabbed one and was hooked on the series every since .
ReplyDeleteAlthough I've never heard of any of these books before, they seem like a pretty good read. I enjoy reading fictional books similar to these so I might check out this series sometime. You really dug right into summarizing things which shows your interest in them. Overrall, great job on the blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you !!
ReplyDelete